Главная РегистрацияRSS
Приветствую Вас, Гость
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
Страница 2 из 2«12
Модератор форума: HELEN22 
Форум » МАСТЕР-КЛАССЫ » СЕМИНАР «A.B.C.D. model for writing learning outcomes» » DAY-1 Welcome and workshop introduction
DAY-1 Welcome and workshop introduction
gulina1963Дата: Пятница, 05.02.2016, 17:06 | Сообщение # 16
Награды: 0
Замечания: 0%
Статус: Offline
Day1
Questions1:What do you know already about assessment and its types?
I know that assessment can be  formative and summative or assessment for learning and assessment of learning. Assessment for learning(formatie) is the process of seeking and interpreting evidence for use by learners and  the teachers.Teaches are not the only assessors. pupils can be inolved in peer and self-assessment.Pupils need to act upon information and feedback to improve their learning.
Assessment of learning(summative) is sum-up what a pupil has learned  at given point.The purpose of this assessment is to summarize the learning in order to grade, certificate or record progress.
Question2:What is the role of assessment in your classroom?
I use formative and summative assessment .I try to improve learning through assessment: effective feedback to pupils, the active involvement of pupils in their own learning. Formative assessment has important influence on the motivation  and self esteem of my  pupils.

Гулина Людмила Владимировна

ГалинаДата: Пятница, 05.02.2016, 17:30 | Сообщение # 17
Награды: 2
There aretwo types of evaluation: formative and summative. Formative assessment - the
determination of the current level of assimilation of knowledge and skills in
everyday work in class or at home, the implementation of the operational
relationship between student and teacher in the learning process. It allows students
to understand how they perform tasks during the period of learning new material
and achieve the goals and objectives of the study. Summative assessment is
defining the level of formation of knowledge and skills at the completion of
studying a unit of information or when you complete a certain level of
education. Summative assessment involves a different type of verification
papers. However, the development of control and verification of works it is
necessary to consider what they should include questions and tasks that test
not only and not so much memorization of facts or course material, and skills
at a higher level.    I work in further education, I don't have tograde actually. But the system of evaluation is still there. Three times ayear I'm running diagnostics (input, intermediate, final) and show thelevel of each student (low,medium, high).

Дашкеева Галина Степановна

antareslcfДата: Пятница, 05.02.2016, 19:06 | Сообщение # 18
The   students' language skills are based onlearning. Assessment shows learners' ability of using the language.   Formative  assessment is used by teachers and studentsduring   instruction,
feedback comes to improve students' achievement.  Teacher must help
students to create their progress in the learning languages and
 regularly give them   feedback.  
    There are   some  types of assessments: self-record keeping  ,  students correct  and assess the oral or
written  work of the classmates  , a
collection of students works .The assessmentis always  difficult for students   . What can we say about   instruction? It is a system of signs. What to
do and how. Every teacher knows thatassessment is the process of comparing actual results with the expected results
     It isnecessary for students to have real notion about how he was able to
achieve the educational point in learning. Assessment helps to determinethe level of each student at each stage of the educational process.     Formative Assessment comes in many forms, but alwaysincludes feedback. Summative assessment occurs at the end of instruction. Good
assessment is the moving to success.

Дубаева Зульфира Борисовна

JuliaKarabanДата: Пятница, 05.02.2016, 19:52 | Сообщение # 19
Награды: 1
I think teaching, learning and assessment ( or evaluation) are interconnected.Teaching students we need see if the process of learning goes on in the right way. Our students want to know if they understand the theme and use their knowledge correctly. Assessment gives us such opportunity. 
To my mind, every lesson we have formative assessment.Of course, we don't write tests every time, it can be in a form of fun: a crossword, a game, different dialogues and etc. 
After every unit in our textbooks we are offered to do a test and self assessment. We have such summative assessment as state exams. Nowadays it's the goal for the most of students.
Actually, assessment is the information which is necessary for both teachers and students and it's an integral part of teaching.

Юлия Владимировна Карабан

ГГС1621Дата: Пятница, 05.02.2016, 21:26 | Сообщение # 20
Assessment is an important aspect of studying. It is the best way to truly undestand and improve students'  learning.Teachers check their students progress  through their classroom activities, observations, assignments and tests. 
Thanks to assessment teachers can study their students' progress. It also helps to provide data about students' abilities to reproduce information, to watch differences in students' levels of understanding of key concepts. Also assessment can helps pupils to increase the motivation for studies and see their progress.So assessment is essential both teachers and students.

Гибадуллина Гузелия Салимзяновна

missveraДата: Пятница, 05.02.2016, 22:13 | Сообщение # 21
At my lessons I often use different types of assessments. In common they are diagnostic, interim, formative, language portfolio and summative assessments. Also I combine their using with technology like computer programmes (test software).
Interim assessment ( Промежуточная аттестация)is carried out after some time has lapsed since the beginning of a course,
topic, or unit. It helps me evaluate the effectiveness of a teaching method by this stage. Interim assessment can also help a teacher decide if students, the class, or the school district is on its way to achieving its performance goals. This helps identify students who may not perform successfully at the end of the course. This technique forms a middle ground between the day-to-day monitoring of formative assessment and the formal testing of summative assessment. Formativeassessment is carried out on a day-to-day basis, and is more important towardsthe beginning of a course, topic, semester, or other educational units. The purpose of this method is to give feedback to an instructor about the teaching and learning process. Based on the results of this assessment, a teacher can either retain, modify, or discontinue the teaching method. As such, formative assessment helps teachers enhance their teaching strategy so that it is more effective. It is a low-stakes test, where the results are not used for grading students. Examples of such an assessment include group discussions, observations,oral questions, and journals. An assessment performed at the end of a course, unit, or year, is knownas a summative assessment. Its purpose is to find out how much a student haslearned, how effective the teaching methods have been, and make the required improvements in the next course. Summative assessments can also help the district authorities decide the effectiveness of their education programs. Basically, this method is used to give a measure of the student's success, reward his performance, and provide criteria for passing the student to the next stage. Therefore, it is a high-stakes test, which decides the final marking of students. End-of-course tests, portfolios, project submissions, quizzes, final exams, and research reports, all come under this type of technique. Diagnostic assessment helps teachers find out how much a studentalready knows before the beginning of a course, unit, semester, or academic year. This allows them to decide on an appropriate teaching method or strategy, which can target the student's problems. While usually this assessment is carried out at the beginning of a course, in some cases, it may be performed midway for those students whose performance is not satisfactory, so that they can be brought on par. Examples of diagnostic tests include interviews, pretests, self assessments, and checklists. Most researchers agree that formative testing is far superior than theother methods, because it allows the continuous improvement of teaching standards. Especially nowadays when we've got the standarts of education in our country. Language Portfolio is kind of assessment. It's a collection of the student’s work in anarea, showing growth, self-reflection, and achievement. Portfolio assessment usually involves student goal setting and showing how the items in the portfolio demonstrate the achievement of goals. Portfolios provide an ongoing idea of student work because they are a collection of items completed across several weeks.

Борисова Вера Васильевна

Сообщение отредактировал missvera - Пятница, 05.02.2016, 22:16

mamontenok2030Дата: Суббота, 06.02.2016, 09:10 | Сообщение # 22
Награды: 2
Thank you very much to all participants! Day 1 is closed now!

Касенова Альбина Бакытбековна

missДата: Суббота, 06.02.2016, 14:30 | Сообщение # 23
The assessment is as an important aspect of teaching and learning. The purpose of most forms of assessment in the  classroom should be to inform people of how much progress a student is making. Assessment can take many different forms and does not need to be limited to tests and exams. Today's students need to know not only the basic reading and arithmetic skills, but also skills that will allow them to face a world that is continually changing. They must be able to think critically, to analyze, and to make inferences. Changes in the skills base and knowledge our students need require new learning goals; these new learning goals change the relationship between assessment and instruction. Teachers need to take an active role in making decisions about the purpose of assessment and the content that is being assessed. The simple answer is that it should take place at every stage of the learning process and that it should be fairly frequent. Of course, there are many different forms of assessment. So, at the start of a course some form of diagnostic assessment should take place to see how much students know. This can then be used as a form of ‘benchmark’ used later on to see how much progress has been made. Throughout a course various forms of assessment can be used, from homework, project work, in class activities to more formal tests. If you are required to give students a certain number of tests each year – say three – then one thing you could do is give them five and tell them that only the best three will be used. (Ответ не смогла прислать вовремя из-за отсутствия Интернета)

Мисник Татьяна Владимировна

SvetlyachokДата: Суббота, 06.02.2016, 18:44 | Сообщение # 24
Уважаемая Альбина Бакытбековна, я по техническим причинам не смогла вовремя загрузить ответы на вопросы. Если это возможно, то примите, пожалуйста, мою работу. Заранее спасибо.

We can speak about some definitions of the word "assessment". If we mean school and our students we can define assessment as the collection of teacher's methods for measuring the process of students' learning, its effectiveness, students' knowledge and their understanding of the information, their skills and  abilities. There are a lot of forms of assessment. Teachers can choose them according to the age of their students or to language abilities of the students. Assessment helps teachers to lead students to needed levels of learning.

As for me, I use different kinds of assessment such as tests, discussions, descriptions, portfolio, dictations, quizes for  checking up my students' progress and helping them to solve their problems.

Ефименко Светлана Владимировна

alhatowaДата: Суббота, 06.02.2016, 19:33 | Сообщение # 25
I greatly apologize that I could't write the answer before the deadline. I would like you to accept my answer this time. I will watch the deadline more responsible and do everything on time. Thank you.
What do I already know about assessment and its types?
Formative assessment is a type that forms or shapes the learner's knowledge and skills. It's a process. It's ongoing. It happens in many different ways. It's really different from summative assessment in a great many ways in that regard. Summative assessment is most typically associated with grades. We summarize a student's overall performance - final grade for a course or term. I really have learnt much about it in five-week online teacher training course which I have successfully completed. It was offered by the USA department of state and University of Oregon on coursera.org
What is the role of assessment in your classroom?
I use both formative and summative assessment. I try to involve my students into conversation. I think that this is the most important for both my students and me. If my students can use the language it will be the highest assessment of my work. I use different activities to assess my students' knowledge, for example, group projects, oral presentation, peer composition, observing students at work, correcting quizes and homework. Also the administartion of our school practise using interim assessment after each term.

Alhatova Mahabbat Serikpaevna

Алхатова Махаббат Серикпаевна

Сообщение отредактировал alhatowa - Суббота, 06.02.2016, 19:34

sonyaДата: Суббота, 06.02.2016, 20:03 | Сообщение # 26
In the school setup, assessment could mean identifying whatstudents have learned and what they are capable of.
I use different types of assessments: diagnostic,formative, summative, tests, multiple choice, constructed response, book reports, research papers, homeworkexercises, oral presentations, question-and-answer sessions, science projects, and others.
Assessment in class has a majorrole in the learning process. It is beneficial both to the students and the teachers. The process helps in motivating the students to put more effort in the learning process. The teachers too gain, since they are able to know the extent to which they are effective in delivering any single lesson in terms of the initially set knowledge, goals, and skills. Informationfrom assessments helps teachers determine which instructional approaches are best for certain students, what their students may already know about a given topic, and what subjects needs to be retaught.

Кирсанова Наталья Николаевна

Сообщение отредактировал sonya - Суббота, 06.02.2016, 20:04

Kotenok778889999Дата: Воскресенье, 07.02.2016, 12:30 | Сообщение # 27
Assessment is a systematic process of gathering information aboutwhat a student knows, is able to do, and is learning to do. Assessment
information provides the foundation for decision-making and planning
for instruction and learning. Assessment is an integral part of
instruction that enhances, empowers, and celebrates student learning.
Using a variety of assessment techniques, teachers gather information
about what students know and are able to do, and provide positive,
supportive feedback to students. They also use this information to
diagnose individual needs and to improve their instructional programs,
which in turn helps students learn more effectively.
Assessment must be considered during the planning stage of
instruction when learning outcomes and teaching methods are being
targeted. It is a continuous activity, not something to be dealt with only
at the end of a unit of study. Students should be made aware of the
expected outcomes of the course and the procedures to be used in
assessing performance relative to the learning outcomes. Students can
gradually become more actively involved in the assessment process in
order to develop lifelong learning skills.
I use diagnostic assessment to! find out what students know and can do
! identify student strengths and plan instruction which builds on and
extends those strengths
CLASSROOM ASSESSMENTClassroom Assessment • SENIOR 1 TO SENIOR 4 SPANISH LANGUAGE AND CULTURE
Classroom Assessment – 4
! target difficulties, identify the precise nature of them, and plan
instruction to meet those difficulties
! make informed decisions regarding where to focus instructional
time and effort
Formative assessment is similar to diagnostic assessment but differs in
that it provides ongoing feedback to the teacher about the effectiveness
of instruction. Formative assessment encompasses a variety of
strategies, used selectively to accomplish one or more of the following
purposes:
! monitor student learning and provide feedback to students and
parents
! identify areas of growth
! motivate students and provide incentive to study
! help focus attention and effort
! emphasize what is important to learn
! provide practice in applying, demonstrating, and extending
knowledge, skills, and attitudes
! encourage goal-setting and monitor achievement of goals
! reflect on program structure and effectiveness, and modify or adjust
teaching as necessary

Жукова Елена Валерьевна

Сообщение отредактировал Kotenok778889999 - Воскресенье, 07.02.2016, 12:36

sauleshaДата: Понедельник, 08.02.2016, 16:23 | Сообщение # 28
Questions1:What do you know already about assessment and its types?
If students spend time practising the above activities on computers the intention is to raise achievement in language learning at a general level, and this might well be picked up in a conventional test or examination. However, as the balance moves further and most of students' reading is online and most of their writing is computer-based, using paper technology is unlikely to enable students to demonstrate fully their skills, particularly ICT-related ones such as using writing tools - spellchecker, thesaurus, etc. An integrated approach to teaching, learning and assessment is always likely to be more successful than a random approach. Thus, teaching methods, learning methods and assessment methods need to cohere if learners are to learn successfully and if valid and reliable results are to be achieved from assessment procedures. This is true whether or not ICT is to be used - extensive oral practice activities and no oral exam is still a problem in many classes, and so too is extensive use of computers and no opportunity to use computers as part of the assessment process. Moreover, the incentive for teachers to incorporate learning technologies into classwork is reduced if the examinations do not use these technologies or expressly prohibit their use.
Question2:What is the role of assessment in your classroom?
Formative assessment: In general, cjmputer is used mainly for formative assessment rather than summative assessment because it is excellent for giving immediate feedback, e.g. in tests designed to measure students' progress in specific areas, either for self-assessment purposes or for the teacher, e.g. as in placement tests
Summative asssessment: There is a good deal of discussion at present regarding the use of computer - also dubbed e-assessment - in examinations at the end of a course and in national examinations such as the GCSE examinations in England. It's a controversial topic and has been subjected to a good deal of media hype, with outrageous claims being made regarding its possible uses.

Сауле Алихановна Абдыканова

zhannochkaДата: Вторник, 09.02.2016, 16:35 | Сообщение # 29
Question 1  -What do you already know about assessment and its types?

There are 2 types of assessment: formative - assessment for learning and summative - assessment of learning. Formative assessment focuses on future achiement and summative assessment shows what has been already learnt. also I know the assessment on the given criterias. The teacher himself can make criterias for assessment. 

Question 2 - What is the role of assessment in your classroom?

We need assessment for diagnostic learners' knowledges. Formative assessment  helps in motivation for futher work. Summative shows the studens' real knowledges

Тусупканова Жанар Казбековна

Форум » МАСТЕР-КЛАССЫ » СЕМИНАР «A.B.C.D. model for writing learning outcomes» » DAY-1 Welcome and workshop introduction
Страница 2 из 2«12
Поиск: